Monday, February 7, 2011
Yummy, easy budget lunch: tuna w/whit beans & spinach
This is such a great, easy and CHEAP weekday lunch. Even better: it's packed with protein, fiber, omega3s and other super-yummy nutrition. How do you create this culinary wonder you ask?
- Arrange a handful of fresh, washed baby spinach leaves on your plate
- Open a can of tuna (water packed) drain it, and flake half of it onto your plate over the spinach.
- Open a can of white beans (cannelini), drain it, and dump about 1/4 of them on your plate.
- Add a few pine nuts (toasted if you want) for crunch.
- Add some fresh herbs (I had marjoram) if you desire
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper and Kosher salt to taste.
Gobble the goodness!